Lead Data Engineer
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Every Data Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
- Develop and execute data warehouse and ETL/ELT solutions.
- Know the data schema by heart and all there is to know about the company's databases to provide support for end users and developers.
- Ensure that all reporting, KPIs and ETL/ELT processes are running correctly and smoothly in real-time.
- Be the go-to person for querying the database.
- Contribute with architecture optimizations of ETL, ELT, BI, and the life-cycle of an EDW solution.
- Fetch data from RESTful APIs and provide APIs for data to be fetched.
Lead Data Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
- Be a reference for your team
- Discuss business requirements with the Data Product Manager on a deep level and anticipate risks
- Help the career development of your team
- Build a great team by both recruiting great talent and helping them grow
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our São Paulo office, in Av. Paulista.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 30 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Phone interview with Recruiter
3. Technical interview with Engineering Team + Reference Check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
Please only apply if you have:
- Experience leading engineering teams - a plus if it was in a high profile startup during high-growth stages.
- Strong command of SQL, data architecture and relational data models and databases.
- Strong coding skills in Python (or other scripting languages).
- Amazing analytical and problem solving skills.
- At least some experience in Columnar Storage Databases (like Amazon Redshift).
- Data- or science-related background. Examples: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics; alternatively, you have demonstrated experience in process management and scientific methodology.
- Consider yourself BS-free: we dislike people who pretend to know stuff. Be honest.
We will like you even better if you:
- Have previous experience in building data marts, data lake and structuring a data warehouse.
- Have experience with analytics implementation.
- Are up to date with cloud solutions (preferably AWS).
- Have knowledge in PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView/QlikSense, Alteryx or other similar tool.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance.
- Health and Dental insurance plans
- Life insurance plan
- Children allowance (Daycare)
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- This position offers relocation package for people who would have to move to São Paulo
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people (know more in this video)