Front-end Engineer (for PWA)
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds.
👉QuintoAndar - Conheça o time: Engenharia👈
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Front-end Engineering at QuintoAndar
If you think Front-end is an activity who merely syncs UI into HTML+CSS, you're dead wrong.
At QuintoAndar we are replacing all our web and most of our apps with *Progressive Web Applications*. We understand that 'downloading' will be a need of the past for mobile apps, and it already happened to a few productivity tools for desktops (e.g. Google Apps strongly replacing Microsoft Office). We are hiring Front-end Engineers who fully understand both the mobile app world (and how to interact with users in mobile) and the Web world (and how to connect to web-based software infrastructure).
- Develop beautiful, responsive, ultra fast, mobile-first web interfaces that are optimized for SEO.
- Interact closely with our designers, back-end, and mobile engineers to ensure flawless and ultra fast implementation of complex applications.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Research and communicate front-end best practices.
- Work on the next step of mobile (and multi-platform) web: Progressive Web Applications.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our São Paulo office at Av Paulista, near Metrô Consolação.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 20 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Technical Online Challenge
3. Phone interview with Recruiters
4. Interview with Engineer Team + Reference Check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you have:
- Experience developing responsive web interfaces optimized for SEO;
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations;
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals;
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
We'll like you better if:
- You know React, Google's Material Design, REST;
- You are familiar with Scrum;
- You're used to building mobile;
- You get what Progressive Web App (PWA) is about.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance.
- Good health plan
- Dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance (Daycare)
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- This position offers relocation package for people who would have to move to Sao Paulo
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people (know more in this video)