Data Security Manager
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Data Protection at QuintoAndar
Data protection is more than a set of policies and software protection. It should be culture, be nearly automatically applied in every corner of the company. A DSManager will be responsible for promoting and scaling this culture. It has to do with tech protection and its applications, confidentiality, integrity, availability, privacy, authenticity & trustworthiness, non-repudiation, accountability and auditability. It also has to do with people, with internal and external communications, with policies and documentation.
More specifically, we expect the Data Security Manager to:
- Manage a small team of Software Engineers (and Site Reliability Engineers) that will constantly improve the security of our software environment
- Educate the company and employees on important compliance requirements
- Train staff involved in data processing
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively
- Serve as the point of contact between the company and Supervisory Authorities of the LGPD (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados)
- Maintain comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the company, including the purpose of all processing activities
- Understand the rights of our clients and make it clear for them what happens to their data
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our office in São Paulo.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 15 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Phone interview with Recruiters
3. Interview with Engineering Managers and the Legal Team
4. Interview with the CTO and stakeholders
5. Reference check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you have
- experience with data security (2+ years at least)
- significant knowledge of the law structures in Brazil
- deep knowledge about data protection law (in Brazil, LGPD)
- clear understanding of software architecture, and the relations between SW and security
- significant knowledge of database structures - how data is storaged
- notions of cryptography mechanisms (cypher, signature, hash) and what they are used for
- wide experience in managing people, even better if it's managing software engineers
Basically, you don't need to be an expert in cryptography, nor a graduate lawyer. However, we expect you to be able to talk to both lawyers and cryptographers, and manage engineers into producing and upgrading security infrastructure.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance.
- Good health insurance
- Dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance (Daycare)
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- This position offers relocation package (if you live outside Sao Paulo and need to move in)
- Free beer every Friday