Software Engineering Manager (Belo Horizonte)
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Engineering team responsibilities at QuintoAndar
- Develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions (e.g. parts of billing, visit scheduling, price optimization, self-service negotiation);
- Create easy-to-understand, well-documented APIs.
- Create scalable, maintainable and user driven solutions . We use several different technologies: from Java over SQL databases, to Polymer over MongoDB. We also have micro-services written in Python, gorgeous PWA experiences in React, complex data flows in Datomic . You don't need to know all these upfront, but you need to learn fast.
- Deal with our old Spring MVP stack and eventually plan and build new services to replace it.
Lead Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
As an engineering manager, you should be able to - besides being a former developer or an experienced manager of developers:
- Be a reference for your team
- Be able to hire and develop software engineers
- Create squads of engineers, expand them, manage KPIs of your teams
- Discuss business requirements with the PM on a deep level and anticipate risks
- Help the career development of your reports
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais. There may be a couple of months of work in our office in Sao Paulo before we open the office in BH.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 20 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Phone interview with Recruiters
3. Interview with Engineering Team
4. Interview with the CTO and stakeholders
5. Reference check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you:
- Have 2-5 years experience with managing technology development teams.
- Know how a company works and are able to select the right KPIs of your teams and battle to improve them.
- Have already led other computer engineers into successful products.
- Are experienced with distributed systems architecture.
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
We might like you even better if you:
- Have an academic degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent).
- have strong knowledge of computer theory, including optimization of algorithms and distributed systems.
- Have some experience with AWS services;
- Have some knowledge in Docker, modern CDs/CIs (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Drone, ...);
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance.
- Good health insurance
- Dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance (Daycare)
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- This position offers relocation's package (according to our internal policy)
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people (know more in this video)