QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry. Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Database Engineer Responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
- Build/engineer and administer database systems to support our highly complex microservices
- Ownership of operational stability for existing PostgreSQL and MySQL databases on AWS RDS
- Work closely with engineers to ensure best possible resource utilization while ensuring system performance
- Research, test and lead in the adoption of new technologies and approaches that improve database performance, stability and resource utilization
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve performance and fix bottlenecks
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our São Paulo office, near Av Paulista.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 20 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Technical Online Challenge
3. Phone interview with Recruiters
4. Interview with Engineering Team + Reference Check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you:
- Have strong command of SQL, data architecture and relational data models and databases;
- Have coding skills in scripting languages such as Python or Shell Script;
- Have relevant experience with performance tuning of PostgreSQL and MySQL databases, processes, and queries;
- Have experience with testing, validation, implementation, and trouble-shooting skills of performance and resource optimization improvements.
We may like you even better if you:
- Have experience with NoSQL databases;
- Have an interest in DevSecOps culture;
- Have previous work experience with Docker, AWS and Google Cloud;
- Have experience with AWS Aurora Clusters;
- Are up to date on the latest technologies in Big Data and data management.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Competitive salary package;
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação");
- Fuel or public transportation allowance;
- Good health insurance;
- Dental plan;
- Life insurance;
- Children Allowance (Daycare);
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass);
- This position offers relocation's package (according to our internal policy);
- Free beer every Friday;
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people (know more in this video).
We are a company that values diversity and inclusion. All our current openings are to people with disabilities. If you are PWD and want to join us, register your CV in our resume database for future positions by clicking here.