Lead Software Test Engineer
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Every Test Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
As Software Test Infrastructure Engineer, you'll have the chance to work really close to all our product squads, helping test our entire stack. Test Engs are responsible for integrating existing test tools and developing new tools to achieve end-to-end test execution, across UI and backend, as well as setting up automated testing environments that model customer configurations. Collaborating with developers from various teams, you’ll build and improve testing frameworks for various programming languages, ensuring our software can be tested and deployed easily and efficiently. Be prepared for the job of your life - hard challenges, high expectations, intelligent life at work, meaningful conversations, outstanding productivity.
Lead Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
On top of being a great Test Engineer, we expect you to:
- Be a reference for your team
- Discuss business requirements with the PM on a deep level and anticipate risks
- Help the career development of your reports
- Build a great team both recruiting great talent and helping them grow
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because  we value diversity and would welcome foreign candidates, and  if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the whole world.
This position is for our São Paulo office, at Av Paulista, near Metrô Consolação.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 20 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Technical Online Challenge
3. Phone interview with Recruiters
4. Interview with Engineering Team
5. Reference check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you:
- Have managed testers in significant projects.
- Have worked as a test engineer or a Test-driven software engineer for 4+ years.
- Have experience with automated testing in every depth (unit, integration, e2e).
- Have experience with REST API testing (SoapUI).
- Know code coverage tools (such as Jacoco, Istanbul) and how they work.
- Have fair programming skills in at least one higher-level language (Python, Java, Ruby etc).
- Are proficient with GIT and the UNIX environment.
- Are proficient with bug reporting tools (such as JIRA or any other).
- Have knowledge of CI systems (Hudson/Jenkins, Drone).
- Have strong communication and documentation skills.
- Have worked in agile teams.
We might like you even better if you:
- Have experience in stress testing tools (Jmeter, AB, Siege).
- Know at least one scripting language (Perl, Bash)
- Are experienced with security testing tools (OWASP toolkit).
- Proficient with BDD and its tools (Cucumber).
- Have experience with containers and their ecosystem (Docker, Mesos).
- Have experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS or Google cloud).
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance.
- Good health plan
- Dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance (Daycare)
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- This position offers relocation package for people who would have to move to Sao Paulo
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people (know more in this video)