Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is an app for landlords and renters tired of the bureaucracy of the traditional rental process. To create an experience that is easy and cool for both, QuintoAndar recognizes that it is necessary to solve the rental process from start to finish. We will win by doing this with agility and security, and by guaranteeing payments for landlords and free rental insurance for renters.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Site Reliability Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is looking for engineers to join our SRE team who can help us design, build and maintain our services. You will partner with other engineering teams to help them make our services more performant, scalable and reliable. Among your tasks you'll look for bottlenecks and propose ways to fix them, provision infrastructure in the cloud, develop tools to improve engineering teams’ performance and to automate workflows.
SRE/DevOps responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure through reusable code and tooling.
- Create solutions to continuously improve scalability, performance and security of our platform.
- Interact with other engineering teams to help them improve availability, reliability and resilience of our infrastructure and systems.
- Use your analytical skills to help engineering teams debug and fix issues.
- Spread DevOps best practices across the company.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
Our office is in Sao Paulo, at Av Paulista, near 'metrô Consolação'.
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you:
- Have some knowledge in at least one script language (Python or Bash)
- Know Linux/Unix systems and network tools
- Have implemented or maintained a Continuous Delivery/Integration Pipeline (e.g. Drone, Jenkins, Travis CI, Spinnaker, GoCD)
- Have experience with Docker containers
- Have experience with IaaS services provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
We might like you even better if you:
- Know Infrastructure as Code software (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet)
- Have some knowledge of Kafka and Zookeeper
- Have strong knowledge of Databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Datomic, MongoDB)
- Have developed Microservices with Python, NodeJS, Java or Golang
- Have experience with container orchestration (e.g. Mesos, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher)
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- You'll be solving a real problem. Something that affects many millions of people.
- Competitive salary package
- Good health and dental plan
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance
- Subsidy to sports practicing
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people.