Lead Software Engineer
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a rental app that guarantees the payment every month to the landlord and makes it very simple to renters by eliminating the need to provide a guarantee (fiador, seguro-fiança etc).
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Every Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
- Develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions (e.g. parts of billing, visit scheduling, price optimization, self-service negotiation);
- Create easy-to-understand, well-documented APIs.
- Create scalable, maintainable and user driven solutions . We use several different technologies: from Java over SQL databases, to Polymer over MongoDB. We also have micro-services written in Python, gorgeous PWA experiences in React, complex data flows in Datomic . You don't need to know all these upfront, but you need to learn fast.
- Deal with our old Spring MVP stack and eventually plan and build new services to replace it.
Lead Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
On top of being a great Developer we expect you to:
- Be a reference for your team
- Discuss business requirements with the PM on a deep level and anticipate risks
- Help the career development of your reports
- Build a great team both recruiting great talent and helping them grow
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our São Paulo office, near Av Paulista.
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you:
- Have an academic degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent).
- Are fluent in at least one computer language and don't mind learning others.
- Have already led other computer engineers into a successful product.
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
We might like you even better if you:
- have strong knowledge of computer theory, including optimization of algorithms and distributed systems.
- have already developed scalable client-server mobile applications.
- Have some experience with AWS services;
- Have some knowledge in Docker, modern CDs/CIs (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Drone, ...);
- Know how to test and tune scalability.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- You'll be solving a real problem. Something that affects many millions of people.
- Competitive salary package
- 40-day yearly vacations (standard 30 days according to Brazilian law CLT + 10 extra days in December)
- Opportunity to earn stock options
- Good health plan and life insurance
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação")
- Fuel allowance or public transportation card
- Subsidy to sports practicing
- This position offers relocation's package (according to our internal policy)
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment