Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is an app for landlords and renters tired of the bureaucracy of the traditional rental process. To create an experience that is easy and cool for both, QuintoAndar recognizes that it is necessary to solve the rental process from start to finish. We will win by doing this with agility and security, and by guaranteeing payments for landlords and free rental insurance for renters.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Developer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
- Help develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions (e.g. parts of billing, visit scheduling, price optimization, self-service negotiation);
- Create easy-to-understand, well-documented APIs.
- Fix or upgrade existing solutions or services. Most of them are in Java over SQL databases, but we also happen to carry significant NodeJS, Python, Cloudsearch, Datomic, Couchbase. You don't need to know all these upfront, but you need to learn fast.
- Code really good software.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
Our office is in Sao Paulo, at Av Paulista, near 'metrô Consolação'.
You may apply if you:
- Have an academic degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent).
- Are fluent in Java and relational databases.
- Also like other programming languages (Python, NodeJS etc) and you don't mind learning new ones on the fly.
- Have very strong analytic skills.
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
We might like you even better if you:
- Have strong knowledge of computer theory, including optimization of algorithms and distributed systems.
- Have some experience using RESTful APIs.
- Have some experience with AWS services;
- Have some knowledge in Docker, modern CDs/CIs (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Drone, ...);
- Know how to test and tune scalability.
- You'll be solving a real problem. Something that affects many millions of people.
- Competitive salary package
- Good health and dental plan
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance
- Subsidy to sports practicing
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people.
Working here is cool AND you get the following: