AWS / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is an app for landlords and renters tired of the bureaucracy of the traditional rental process. To create an experience that is easy and cool for both, QuintoAndar recognizes that it is necessary to solve the rental process from start to finish. We will win by doing this with agility and security, and by guaranteeing payments for landlords and free rental insurance for renters.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
AWS / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at QuintoAndar
As AWS / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you'll have the chance to work really close to all our product squads, helping shape our software architecture. You'll be responsible for maintaining our continuous delivery/integration structure, enhancing our test environment for the scale we're reaching, monitoring and improving the efficiency and health of our systems, making sure our cloud environment is in the correct form to support our nearly overwhelming growth, implementing fault tolerance solutions and improving our security. Be prepared for the job of your life - hard challenges, high expectations, intelligent life at work, meaningful conversations, outstanding productivity.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
Our office is in Sao Paulo, at Av Paulista, near 'metrô Consolação'.
You may apply if you:
- Are a heavy user of AWS services, especially ElasticBeanstalk, CloudSearch, EC2, VPC, SQS, S3, CloudFront, Route 53 and RDS;
- Knows AWS billing/cost reduction strategies;
- Are fluent in Docker;
- Are fluent in a scripting language (it may be Ruby, Python, bash, sh, ...);
- Have strong knowledge in Unix tools;
- Have strong knowledge in modern CDs/CIs (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Drone, ...);
- Can deploy and configure this web applications from scratch: Java + Tomcat, Nodejs, Python, LAMP, nginx;
- Have experience in database maintenance and backup (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ...);
- Use Git and Github a lot;
- Know how to test and tune scalability.
We might like you even better if you:
- Have experience in container orchestration (Mesosphere Marathon or DC/OS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Fleet, …);
- Have experience in log centralization (ELK Stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, Graylog, Logentries, ...);
- Have experience in monitoring and alert tools (Datadog, Zabbix, New Relic, PagerDuty, Runscope, ...);
- Have experience in crash report platforms (Sentry, Crashlytics, …);
- Have experience in service discovery and centralized configuration (ZooKeeper, Consul, etcd, …);
- Have managed a large environment (100+ instances, applications or tasks running simultaneously).
- You'll be solving a real problem. Something that affects many millions of people.
- Competitive salary package
- Good health and dental plan
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação").
- Fuel or public transportation allowance
- Subsidy to sports practicing
- Free beer every Friday
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people.
Working here is cool AND you get the following: